Monday, September 15, 2008

Band, Band, Band

Our lives have been full of band stuff lately. Lauren has been spending 24+ hours per week in band lately. Week night practices, football games, all-day Saturday practices . . . Whew! Grant and I have been pitching in too. The parents are really involved. Grant has been helping with the Tote-n-Tow committee. They load up all the equipment and instruments then haul them to wherever the band performs, then they unload it, transport it to the field, then they load it all back up and take it home. I've been working with uniforms for the last 6 weeks or so. We ordered new uniforms, but they didn't come in on time for the first games, so we had to fit all the old uniforms to the kids (62 of them). This week, the new uniforms arrived. The band director wanted the kids to be able to wear them to the first competition on Saturday, so we had to get everything fitted and hemmed in 3 days! Yikes!

New unirorms weren't the only new thing to arrive. Some sections got new instruments this week as well. Lauren's section got new marching horns. Don't they look great?


Here's the uniforms in the boxes as they arrived.



Here I am sewing the hems.


Here's Lauren in her new uniform.






Here's the kids lined up for the first competition.





Here's the band in starting formation on the competition field
at Hendersonville High School.



This is the band when they've realized the fruits of all their hard work.




This is Lauren's French Horn Section.



This is the Big Trophy for Grand Champions of the event.
It's being held by the band president, Carter Noblin.


Here's Holly, enjoying the event from the stands.
She's crossing her fingers that we'll win the next award.

2 comments:

Boston Family said...

Amy! So cool that ya'll have a blog too! Now I can still know what's going on with your family! It looks like you are doing great in Nashville, and I know dad was really looking forward to getting together with you guys last week. Your home looks gorgeous, and your girls are growing up too fast! Glad to see you're doing good. Go band fever! (and Kate is loved, but I think my parents are amazing grandparents. They love her so much, it's hard for us being away. I am sure you got an earful about our sassy sweetheart!)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh those were the days I have long forgotten, but miss terribly. Band is so much fun. Chris was in the marching band last year. It is so good to have found your blog. Maybe we can catch up. I miss you.