Friday, December 14, 2007

Job Opportunities

I've been looking for a Human Resources position in the Nashville area for quite awhile. Before we moved, I had very little response from my applications. Probably because at my level, companies shy away from "relocation" situations. They had no way of knowing that I would not need relocation assistance, so I would imagine my resume just got passed over.

Once we moved here, I started getting inquiries regularly. I've interviewed for several positions that didn't pan out, got busy with other things, and subsequently put the search on hold for about a month. Then, about three weeks ago, I got busy with my applications again. Fortunately, I've gotten some responses!
I interviewed last week with Gresham Smith & Partners, an architectural/interior design firm. The position is HRIS Coordinator, which is basically the person responsible for entering all of the Human Resources information into a database and then handling all of the subsequent database reporting. I have a follow-up interview with them next Wednesday.

Today, I am interviewing with Whole Foods Market (recently merged with Wild Oats) for a Payroll/Benefits Administrator position. This one is definitely up my alley. However, the location is in Franklin. Yeah, I know, all the country music stars live out that way, but it's a little farther to drive for me. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable working more than a 30 minute drive away from my children. I'll have to see what the traffic is like on my way there this morning. Maybe it won't be too bad!

No comments: