Saturday, January 31, 2009

This kid should come with a Spoiler Alert

We just got home from Jackson, TN. We drove there today to celebrate my nephew Seth's 9th birthday. The Memphis vs Houston game was on during our drive to Seth's house. Grant had the DVR set up to record the game so that he could enjoy it later when we got home. In fact, we're watching it now. Grant knew that Daryl would get to see the game and would know all about it, so Grant texted him, "Daryl, I'm recording the game, so don't tell me about it when I get there." Daryl seemed agreeable. In fact, he didn't tell Grant anything about the game when we got there. The news came from a most unexpected place . . . This is Amber,

our shy little niece, who rarely speaks to Grant, came up to him as soon as we arrived and said, "Hey Grant! Memphis Won!"

2 comments:

D and M said...

Sorry. She was excited and saw Grant's Tiger shirt.

I hope it didn't ruin the outcome for him :)

ADenton said...

No, not at all, we thought it was hilarious!